Kenya Airforce Acquires British MX-15 Stabilized Reconnaissance Turret’s
The Kenya airforce has acquired the British MX-15 stabilized reconnaissance turret for its Y-12 twin turbo-prop aircraft.
Under a British royal airforce agreement, the Kenya airforce had the MX-15 stabilized reconnaissance turret provided and mounted by the British.
MX-15 stabilized reconnaissance turret was mounted on the 5.3 ton Y-12 aircraft, a Chinese made aircraft used by the airforce.
MX-15 stabilized reconnaissance turret is a 45kg equipment used to spot enemy facilities and resources such as armed boats and ships 20 kilometers away concisely.
The equipment can be operated both at night and day making it highly effective in surveillance.
Using a Y-12 aircraft with the MX-15 a pilot can spot and identify ships and boats 20 kilometers in the daylight and at night.
It has a zoom feature that enables identification of men in a boat and confirm if they are armed with weapons such as AK-47s and RPGs.
The Kenya airforce MX-15 equipped Y-12 will patrol Kenyan waters and up towards its maritime border with Somalia where armed skiffs sail ferrying armed Al-Shabaab recruits.
- Intelligence and Defense Reaffirms Kenya Airforce Will Opt F-15 Fighters Intelligence and defense experts in Kenya will take F-15 fighter jets to upgrade the […]
- Kenya Airforce Acquired French Defense Aircrafts in 2011 Intelligence reports with regard to current upgrade of the Kenya defense forces show […]
- Kenya Airforce to Use F-15E Fighter Aircraft. Intelligence reports from independent defense procurement experts confirm that Kenya […]
- Heroin Boat MV Laxminarayan, Seized in Mombasa Kenya The boat that was ferrying heroin worth billions of shillings off the Kenyan coast has […]
- Saudi’s Ahmed Hanas Arrested Near Somali Border Over Al-Shabaab Links Kenyan police have arrested a man from Saudi Arabia near the Kenya-Somali border town of […]
- Kenya Acquires 88 BRDM-3 Reconnaissance Vehicles Russia for $105.6 Million Kenya defense forces have received the highly revered 88 BRDM-3 reconnaissance vehicles […]
- 3 Kenyan Soldiers Wounded in Border Attack by Terrorists Kenya military officers were attacked on Thursday by a group of militants near the Kenya […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorists Loss of Koday Port & Island to Kenya Army a Big Blow Intelligence and anti-terrorism analysts report that Al-Shabaab terror group has […]