US Navy Seebees, the Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 3 will start to greatly expand the runways at Wajir Airport and Military airbase.
Wajir Airport was built by HZ, an Israel construction Company between l977 and 1978, as a military airbase.
President Hon Mwai Kibaki of the republic of Kenya commissioned the airport to accommodate both civil and military aircrafts operations in 2007.
US Seebees confirmed that this is the biggest project they have ever worked on besides emphasizing that the type of aircraft to be used in this particular airport might be superior.
Intelligence on how large the new runway will be or even the specific types aircraft that will be able to use it is still scanty.
The US Navy unit will bring its own equipment confirmed Cdr. Scott Raymond, the unit
- Kenya Armed Forces of the Republic of Kenya; Roles, Duties & Achievements Any country’s readiness in war, readiness to defend and protect its people and the […]
- Kenya Air Force Aircraft Inventory; Source of ‘Imara Angani’ Kenya Air Force (KAF) is the national aerial warfare service of the Republic of Kenya. […]
- Lt. General Samson Mwathethe Appointment as Chief of Defence Forces (CDF); Welcomed by Coast Leaders The appointment of the new Chief of Defence Forces Lt. General Samson Mwathethe has been […]
- Kenya Airforce to Retire F-5 Fighter Jets After Somalia Combat Operations After conducting hundreds of air raids on militant positions, training camps, bases, and […]
- Why Scott Gration Resigned as US Envoy Kenya Intelligence News on Scott Gration Resignation as US ambassador to Kenya
Scott Gration, […]
- 8-F-16 Fighters Awaiting Assembly in Kenya New F-16 Fighter aircrafts have been lying in Kenya Defense Forces facilities awaiting […]
- White Army Takes Bor After SPLA Tactical Withdrawal Rebels and Lou-Nuer's white army band have taken much of the Jonglei state capital, Bor, […]
- Kenya Airforce Acquired French Defense Aircrafts in 2011 Intelligence reports with regard to current upgrade of the Kenya defense forces show […]
- Kenya’s F-5E/F Tiger II, Main Air Superiority Jet Fighter
Kenya Defence Forces air force department has continued to use the Northrop F-5 […]
- Kenya Defence Forces; Walk through its History The armed forces of the Republic of Kenya now commonly referred to as the Kenya Defence […]
- Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) – An Open, Accountable and Responsible Military Kenya Defence Forces (KDF), formerly the Kenya Armed Forces, is the military of the […]
- UK fighter jets scrambled to intercept Russian bombers RT News United Kingdom
Two Russian Bear long-range bombers flying close to UK airspace […]
- Operation on Al-Shabaab Starts in Somalia, AMISOM AMISOM Troops have started an offensive against Somali militants, Al-Shabaab.
- Pakistan Launches Production of Block-II JF-17 Combat Jet Pakistan announced the production of a new version of a combat aircraft. The air craft […]