US Navy Seebees, the Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 3 will start to greatly expand the runways at Wajir Airport and Military airbase.
Wajir Airport was built by HZ, an Israel construction Company between l977 and 1978, as a military airbase.
President Hon Mwai Kibaki of the republic of Kenya commissioned the airport to accommodate both civil and military aircrafts operations in 2007.
US Seebees confirmed that this is the biggest project they have ever worked on besides emphasizing that the type of aircraft to be used in this particular airport might be superior.
Intelligence on how large the new runway will be or even the specific types aircraft that will be able to use it is still scanty.
The US Navy unit will bring its own equipment confirmed Cdr. Scott Raymond, the unit
- Why Scott Gration Resigned as US Envoy Kenya Intelligence News on Scott Gration Resignation as US ambassador to Kenya
Scott Gration, worked for two years […]
- Kenya Airforce to Retire F-5 Fighter Jets After Somalia Combat Operations After conducting hundreds of air raids on militant positions, training camps, bases, and logistics posts, the F-5 […]
- 8-F-16 Fighters Awaiting Assembly in Kenya New F-16 Fighter aircrafts have been lying in Kenya Defense Forces facilities awaiting assembly.
- White Army Takes Bor After SPLA Tactical Withdrawal Rebels and Lou-Nuer's white army band have taken much of the Jonglei state capital, Bor, intelligence sources […]
- Operation on Al-Shabaab Starts in Somalia, AMISOM AMISOM Troops have started an offensive against Somali militants, Al-Shabaab.
AMISOM Command says troops in […]
- Kenya’s F-5E/F Tiger II, Main Air Superiority Jet Fighter
Kenya Defence Forces air force department has continued to use the Northrop F-5 Tiger II Jet, a highly […]
- UK fighter jets scrambled to intercept Russian bombers RT News United Kingdom
Two Russian Bear long-range bombers flying close to UK airspace were intercepted by […]
- AMISOM Benefits After Kenya Defense Forces Rehatting Though what KDF got was merely a meager of what military intelligence and war planners at defense headquarters in […]
- Kenya Army to Acquire 5 -11M Naval Special Warfare Rigid Inflatable Boats The Kenya defense forces naval wing will acquire 5 11M Naval Special Warfare Rigid Inflatable Boats from the U.S. […]
- Uganda Soldiers Trained by U.S. Marine Forces Africa (MARFORAF) Intelligence reports confirm that Uganda is getting unusually too much training from both US and British military […]
- Kenya Army Advance to Kismayo to End Somalia Operation Strategic Intelligence confirms movement of Kenya army strategic defense assets towards the militant controlled […]
- Canada Spec Ops Training for Kenyan Special Forces During Westgate Terror Attack Senior officers of the Canadian Special Operations Forces Command (CANSOFCOM) included Kenya (Republic) in its […]
- Pakistan Launches Production of Block-II JF-17 Combat Jet Pakistan announced the production of a new version of a combat aircraft. The air craft was revealed at the […]
- Kenya Airforce to Use F-15E Fighter Aircraft. Intelligence reports from independent defense procurement experts confirm that Kenya Defense Forces airforce wing […]