Kenya Army Upgrading its Strengths
Kenya Defense Forces are upgrading their military capabilities to achieve required capacity in responding to new threats. Though the upgrades, that include new acquisitions, have been ongoing, the need to achieve desired capacity is dire. Huge budgetary allocations set aside to facilitate achievement of the core objective in principal have been put into use. This is an effort to modernize the Kenya army, a defense official explained.
Proposals to upgrade the air force we made in 2009. The objective was to modernize the air force with modern air defenses including new radar systems, drone support systems, larger airbases, and a new fleet of modern jet fighters. Based on geopolitics, the army needed well-armed infantry besides adequately equipped. Better main battle tanks, missile launchers, and military transport capacity were also required to modernize the army.
Kenya Air force to Acquire Modern Fighter Aircrafts in 2012
- Iraqi F-16 Fighters Jets Strike Daesh Targets in Ramadi For the First Time OSINT SUMMARY For the first time, Iraqi F-16 fighter jets bombarded Daesh Takfiri […]
- Threat Preemption; Russia Sends Anti-aircraft Defense Missile Systems to Syria KEY HIGHLIGHTS Russia has deployed anti-aircraft defense missile systems to Syria […]
- Kenya Defense Forces Assets to Attack Barawe in Somalia AMISOM will use Kenya Defense Forces naval and air assets on their planned attack of […]
- Kenya Will Buy Modern Military War-Machines Kenya Will Buy Modern Military War-Machines Kenya will modernize the military and […]
- Nigerian Military to Build Weapons To End Dependence on West Highlights: Nigeria’s president on Friday during a military ceremony directed […]
- Kenya Army Bombs Al Shabaab Camps in Gedo, Southern Somalia Kenya air-force conducted airstrikes targeting Somali Islamists in Gedo region of […]
- Heavy Fighting in Burundi After Military Splits to Factions Event; Burundi President Pierre Nkurunziza attempted to return to the Capital Bunjumbura […]
- Kenya Army to Acquire 5 -11M Naval Special Warfare Rigid Inflatable Boats The Kenya defense forces naval wing will acquire 5 11M Naval Special Warfare Rigid […]