8 New jets have been acquired and delivered to Kenya. According to a senior officer in the Armed forces of Kenya, ex-Israeli F-15 strike eagle fighter jets were delivered at Laikipia airbase, the KDF’s main air defense facility and the largest in the East and Central Africa.
The acquisition may end speculation about the harnessed procurement of a new air force fleet to out-phase the old F-5 fleet.
Kenya is eying Saudi, Israeli, and US F-15 fighter fleets owing to the fact that the three countries besides Japan are the largest users of the highly priced fighter jets.
The F-15 strike eagle is a large, twin-engined fighter aircraft with high, shoulder-mounted fixed-geometry swept wings and twin tails, much more powerful, spectacular climbing performance, and equipped with a a 20-mm M61A1 cannon installed in the starboard wing leading edge lip.
This gun is fed by
- 8-F-16 Fighters Awaiting Assembly in Kenya New F-16 Fighter aircrafts have been lying in Kenya Defense Forces facilities awaiting […]
- Kenya Airforce to Use F-15E Fighter Aircraft. Intelligence reports from independent defense procurement experts confirm that Kenya […]
- Kenya Could Acquire Saudi Boeing F-15E Strike Eagle Fighters Kenya could acquire Royal Saudi Airforce Boeing F-15E Strike Eagle jet fighters […]
- Kenya Airforce to Retire F-5 Fighter Jets After Somalia Combat Operations After conducting hundreds of air raids on militant positions, training camps, bases, and […]
- U.S. F-22 Stealth Fighters After Oxygen Problems, Arrive at Kadena Air Base in Okinawa Eight U.S. F-22 stealth fighters have arrived at Kadena Air Base in Okinawa Island from […]
- Kenya air strikes pound Somali Shebab bases Kenya Air force airstrikes in Somalia killed over 80 militants.
Kenya Defense Forces […]
- KDF Air-Force Superiority May Manifest in the Near Future Speculation on Kenya Defense Forces air force superiority has continued for an year and […]
- Al-Shabaab Displays Dead Kenyan Pilot in Jiliib Somalia Al-Shabaab terrorists displayed the body of the Kenyan pilot who perished in an airforce […]
- Kenya Army’s Negev light machine guns and Galil sniper rifles Delivered by Israel Weapon Industries (IWI) Israel Weapon Industries (IWI), the main Israeli producer of small arms has been selling […]
- India Airforce 126 Rafale Fighter Jets: The Intelligence Report
India Air-force will acquire 126 Rafale fighter air-crafts.
India air force will […]
- Types of Weapons Used by Al-Shabaab in Kismayo, Intelligence on Battery Positions As the days of rest and planning edge closer to the last one, Al-Shabaab are attempting […]
- Intelligence, South Sudan Killed Sudan Soldiers in Heglig South Sudan soldiers are now occupying an oil facility and a Sudanese Army base in […]
- Kenya Airforce Strength and Fleet Upgrade Required Kenya's military, particularly, the air force and navy require upgrades as the level of […]
- Kenya Army Acquired Wildcat Armored Wheeled Vehicles From Israel Kenya Army procured the Wildcat Armored Wheeled Vehicle developed by Israeli Military […]