8 New jets have been acquired and delivered to Kenya. According to a senior officer in the Armed forces of Kenya, ex-Israeli F-15 strike eagle fighter jets were delivered at Laikipia airbase, the KDF’s main air defense facility and the largest in the East and Central Africa.
The acquisition may end speculation about the harnessed procurement of a new air force fleet to out-phase the old F-5 fleet.
Kenya is eying Saudi, Israeli, and US F-15 fighter fleets owing to the fact that the three countries besides Japan are the largest users of the highly priced fighter jets.
The F-15 strike eagle is a large, twin-engined fighter aircraft with high, shoulder-mounted fixed-geometry swept wings and twin tails, much more powerful, spectacular climbing performance, and equipped with a a 20-mm M61A1 cannon installed in the starboard wing leading edge lip.
This gun is fed by
- Intelligence and Defense Reafirms Kenya Airforce Will Opt F-15 Fighters Intelligence and defense experts in Kenya will take F-15 fighter jets to upgrade the current fleet of F-5 […]
- Kenya Airforce to Use F-15E Fighter Aircraft. Intelligence reports from independent defense procurement experts confirm that Kenya Defense Forces airforce wing […]
- 8-F-16 Fighters Awaiting Assembly in Kenya New F-16 Fighter aircrafts have been lying in Kenya Defense Forces facilities awaiting assembly.
- Kenya Could Acquire Saudi Boeing F-15E Strike Eagle Fighters Kenya could acquire Royal Saudi Airforce Boeing F-15E Strike Eagle jet fighters according to SIN intelligence […]
- Engine Failure Downed Kenya’s F-5E Tiger II After Killing 89 Foreign Fighters An intelligence Report obtained by Strategic Intelligence (SIS) confirms that a Kenyan Military F-5 Tiger II jet […]
- Kenya’s F-5E/F Tiger II, Main Air Superiority Jet Fighter
Kenya Defence Forces air force department has continued to use the Northrop F-5 Tiger II Jet, a highly […]
- Kenya Airstrike Kill 56 Militants in Somalia An air strike conducted deep inside Somalia by Kenya air force has killed over 56 members of the militant group […]
- Kenya Airforce to Retire F-5 Fighter Jets After Somalia Combat Operations After conducting hundreds of air raids on militant positions, training camps, bases, and logistics posts, the F-5 […]
- Kenya F5 Airforce Jet Crashes in Kismayu Somalia An Northrop F-5 Jet owned by the Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) crashed 50 kilometers north of the strategic port of […]
- Why Kenya Air-Force Procured to Upgrade to Modern Capabilities Serviceability, loss through attrition, maintenance constrains, and restoration of the Kenya air-force to full […]
- U.S. F-22 Stealth Fighters After Oxygen Problems, Arrive at Kadena Air Base in Okinawa Eight U.S. F-22 stealth fighters have arrived at Kadena Air Base in Okinawa Island from the United States on […]
- Kenya Defense Forces Assets to Attack Barawe in Somalia AMISOM will use Kenya Defense Forces naval and air assets on their planned attack of Barawe, the stronghold of […]
- Iran acquires F-16 Jet Fighter for Intelligence Purposes Iran has acquired an old version of the revered American F-16 fighter jet from Venezuela, Intelligence reports […]
- No KDF Jet Shot by Al-Shabaab in Somalia as Reported by Terror Propaganda Outlets Online No Kenyan aircraft has been shot down by the Islamist-terrorists in Somalia, intelligence sources in Kismayu […]