Kenya Air Force May Have Acquired 8 Israeli F-15 Strike Eagles
8 New jets have been acquired and delivered to Kenya. According to a senior officer in the Armed forces of Kenya, ex-Israeli F-15 strike eagle fighter jets were delivered at Laikipia airbase, the KDF’s main air defense facility and the largest in the East and Central Africa.
The acquisition may end speculation about the harnessed procurement of a new air force fleet to out-phase the old F-5 fleet.
Kenya is eying Saudi, Israeli, and US F-15 fighter fleets owing to the fact that the three countries besides Japan are the largest users of the highly priced fighter jets.
The F-15 strike eagle is a large, twin-engined fighter aircraft with high, shoulder-mounted fixed-geometry swept wings and twin tails, much more powerful, spectacular climbing performance, and equipped with a a 20-mm M61A1 cannon installed in the starboard wing leading edge lip.
This gun is fed by
- Why Kenya Air-Force Procured to Upgrade to Modern Capabilities Serviceability, loss through attrition, maintenance constrains, and restoration of the […]
- Kenya Air Force Jets Launch Airstrikes in Faragurow, Jiliib Faragurow, Jiliib- Somalia Kenya Defense Forces air force jets have carried out […]
- Kenya Air Force Aircraft Inventory; Source of ‘Imara Angani’ Kenya Air Force (KAF) is the national aerial warfare service of the Republic of Kenya. […]
- Kenya Defence Forces; Walk through its History The armed forces of the Republic of Kenya now commonly referred to as the Kenya Defence […]
- Kenya Defence Chief – General (Dr.) Julius Waweru Karangi; Career Profile General (Dr.) Julius Waweru Karangi was born on 28th April 1951 in Nyeri County. He is […]
- Kenya Air Force Peacekeeping Mission in Somalia When Kenya boasts of an its all rounded security measures, the three arms of the […]
- Kenyan Army Training; What the Training Entails The vigorous training conducted at the Army’s training camps helps the troops poses the […]
- Kenya Air Force History after 1982 Kenyan Coup D’état After the failed 1982 Kenyan Coup D’état by a group of Kenya Air Force officers on 1 […]